Luminos aluminium Venetian blinds are made from a specialised aluminium alloy, which should not be confused with low quality imitation PVC.
The blinds are offered in both slat widths of 25mm and 50mm, with different material finishes available, ranging from metallic and wood effect to plain finishes. Perforated options add a high-tech finish to a blind and are the perfect accessory to today’s kitchens with steel appliances and chrome or gold fittings.
Materials are available with a varying degree of block out slats to give a homeowner even more control over privacy. Aluminium Venetians are virtually fade resistant giving you blinds that will last for a long time.
Motorised Venetian Blinds
Luminos Venetian 50mm slat width blinds can be operated using a motorised system from a wall switch, remote control or programmed control system, which may be integrated seamlessly with a home automation system. Luminos is proud to offer this option in association with Somfy, a world-leader in such systems.
Venetian blinds can lift, drop and tilt via remote control and it is also possible to programme the blinds to react automatically to the sunlight and temperature in a room, protecting you, furniture and plants against the harmful effects of the sun, whilst providing effective temperature control.
- Our aluminium slatting is a high-grade aluminium alloy.
- .21 mm is the standard thickness of the slat.
- High quality spring back allows for the slat to withstand the day to day stresses on the blind.
Accessories & Options:
- Available in ladder string or a variety of designer ladder tapes for the 50mm slat.
- Can be motorised.
- Hold down brackets are readily available.
- Wooden extras can be included to match or contrast the slat.
- Extremely robust aluminium head and bottom rail.
- All components are galvanised steel or industrial grade plastics.
- Cords and ladder strings are highly specialised yarn dyed polyester.
- Ladder tapes (50mm only) are highly decorative and made with yarn dyed polyester.
- Installation brackets are easy to install swivel brackets also galvanised to ensure long life.
- Hold down brackets are brass plated spring steel with stainless steel pins.
- Luminos is proud to offer this option in association with Somfy, a world-leader in such systems. Our home-brand, Elettrico, is also available for the more price conscious.
Ever conscious of child-safety all Luminos Venetian blinds are supplied as standard with a clear acrylic cleat. The blind cord can then be neatly wound around it out of harm’s way.
- Regular feather dusting for light cleaning and maintenance.
- Wipe off hardware and components with mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- 25mm Venetian can be unclipped from the bracket. Immerse in a tub of mild, soapy water, rinse and then hang up to air dry.
- Venetian blinds are versatile when it comes to controlling light and you can control the exact amount that suits you, you can block light completely by closing the slats, tilt for diffused lighting, raise the blind to leave the window clear or close for privacy.
- Aluminium Venetians are effective reflectors of heat, particularly in light and metallic colours making them great energy savers.
- Venetian blinds have a classic look that never dates or goes out of style.
- Venetian blinds are perfect for home and office application and help to control heat, making them an energy efficient choice.
- The versatility of Venetian blinds makes them suitable for any room in a house, but they are particularly effective in rooms such as kitchens. They can be fitted to a window of any size from small to large. They are not recommended for very large openings, such as French or patio doors and other glass doors. These openings should rather be fitted with vertical panel blinds.
- When it comes to specifying a product, you may require expert advice and technical details. We have a country-wide network of expert dealers that will give you the best advice on selecting the correct window covering to achieve maximum effect in both domestic and commercial environments.
- We can offer advice on UV protection, thermal comfort as well as sound and glare reduction. We can also provide up to date information on all of our more technical fabrics and supply case studies, laboratory testing results and international certifications for production and emissions.
- Contact our head office for further information: 021 912-8153